Grameenphone started its journey 22 years ago when it introduced affordable mobile phone services in Bangladesh with a goal of putting the power of mobile phones in the hands of every person in the country.
Today Grameenphone is the number 1 network of Bangladesh and is on the forefront of digitalizing customers’ lives and empowering societies so that they may fully realize their potential. With a base built on high speed 3G and 4G services, Grameenphone leads in innovative digital solutions with GPMusic, WowBox and Bioscope for Entertainment; Tonic for your healthcare requirements; and GPay, MyGP for greater control in a customers’ life!
During this long journey, Grameenphone has always received the trust and loyalty from its customers leading to the high demand for “017” number series and ultimately to the exhaustion of the “017” number series. Grameenphone is currently serving the country with 017 and 013 number series.
Grameenphone serves more than 74 million Bangladeshi subscribers as of April 2019.
Did You Know?
- Grameenphone has so far invested more than BDT 347.4 billion to build the network infrastructure
- Grameenphone is one of the largest taxpayers in the country, having contributed more than BDT 669.5 billion in direct and indirect taxes to the Government Exchequer over the years
- There are now 376,285 unique recharge outlets across the country covering nearly all Upazilas of all districts, 6,836 GP Express stores in all the divisional cities and 2 GP Lounges for customer experience of Digital Services
- Grameenphone has about 2400 full-time and temporary employees
- Our GP Accelerator program has supported more than 26 startups till date with over BDT 2.98 million in cash grants and over BDT 14 million in non-financial support