1. What is MNP?
Mobile Number Portability is a service through which one customer can switch from current mobile operator to another mobile operator by keeping the MSISDN unchanged.
2. What is the process of joining to GP network through MNP?
- Visit any GPC/GP Express/GP SIM Replacement point
- Share MSISDN, NID Number, date of birth, name, and address to Retailer
- Perform Biometric verification upon accepting the subscription terms and conditions at GP Retail Point; once the process is completed, you will get SMS confirmation of successful Biometric verification to your current Operator SIM
- Get your new GP SIM from Retailer
- You will get MNP validation confirmation SMS from GP to existing Operator SIM
- Current Operator SIM will be deactivated and new GP SIM will get activated
3. After switching to GP Network, which package shall I be subscribed to?
- For prepaid connection, default landing rate plan will be Nishchinto
- For postpaid connection, default landing rate plan will be MyPLan.
But after successful porting , the subscriber can migrate immediately to other applicable package of GP, if needed.
4. What are the possible reasons that my Porting request may be rejected?
- Porting request made before the expiry of a ninety days’ period from the activation date of a new connection
- There are overdue bills to current Mobile Phone Operator
- A request for change of ownership of the mobile number is under process
- The mobile number sought to be ported is sub-judice; the number is currently the subject of a legal matter
- Porting of the mobile number has been prohibited by a Court of Law; and
- There are contractual obligations
5. Can I choose the date when my MNP should be executed?
For post-paid connection, customer can choose the date of MNP execution within maximum 15 days.
6. What are the requirements for MNP e-registration?
MNP e-Registration is a paperless SIM registration process where a customer needs to provide his/her ID number, date of birth, present address and finger print to retailer while porting.
7. What will happen to the balance amount of talk time in my previous Operator’s Mobile Number?
As per government directive, in case of porting of a prepaid number, the balance amount of talk time, if any, shall lapse.